Philadelphia (Bala Cynwyd) Phlebotomy Class Structure
48-Hour National Class – Phlebotomist Training
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$150 deposit required to guarantee your seat in the class of your choice.
National Daytime – 9am to 1pm – Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks – 12 classes total*
National Evening – 6pm to 10pm – Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks- 12 classes total*
National Weekend – 8am to 4:30pm – Saturdays – 6 classes total
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Oregon!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Phlebotomy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phlebotomy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Pennsylvania supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Pennsylvania is a good path:
- Pennsylvania ranks #25 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Pennsylvania also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 3.8% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area, about 2.5% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 726 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Pennsylvania.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area as of May 2017 was $19.42/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $17.56/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $26.44/hr. in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Philadelphia, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.