Culver City Phlebotomy Class Structure
80-Hour National Class – Phlebotomist Training
40 Hours in Class + 40 Hour Externship
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$250 deposit required to register. Deposit is non-refundable once class begins.
National Daytime – 9am to 1pm – Monday through Thursday – 10 classes total
National Evening – 6pm to 10pm – Monday through Thursday – 10 classes total
National Weekend – 8am to 4:30pm – Saturdays – 5 classes total
Phlebotomy in Culver City-Los Angeles, California
Phlebotomy in Culver City-Los Angeles, California is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about California supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in California is a good path:
- California ranks #4 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education are important for employers.
- California also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 4.1% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Culver City-Los Angeles, California area, about 2.2% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 5,047 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of California.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Culver City-Los Angeles, California area as of May 2017 was $20.64/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $18.28/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $28.64/hr. in the Culver City-Los Angeles area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Culver City and Los Angeles and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.