Salem (Keizer) Phlebotomy Class Structure
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$125 deposit required to register and save your spot. Deposit is non-refundable after the five-day cancellation period. Please see below for more information regarding payment plans.
National AM Class
12 classes total
Monday-Thursday for 3 weeks
National PM Class
12 classes total
Monday-Thursday for 3 weeks
National WKD Class
6 classes total
Saturdays for 6 weeks
*See below to register for one of our next upcoming courses.
The course consists of 48 hours in-class training. This includes bookwork, intensive hands-on training, and practical examination.
On the last day of class, students can choose to challenge the National Exam. When passed, this exam certifies students to work anywhere in the country.*States such as California, Nevada, Louisiana and Washington have additional licensing requirements.
PTS has a “Student for Life” policy. After full completion of the course, students are welcomed back in the classroom at any time (depending on class availability) to brush up on their skills, review material, and perform additional blood draws.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must be a High School graduate or equivalent thereof. We will ask for proof of this.
Previous experience is NOT required.
Flexible Payment Plan
At Phlebotomy Training Specialists, we understand that each person has a unique set of circumstances, and we offer a flexible payment plan to accommodate all potential students. Because we are a private institution, we DO NOT accept financial aid, however, we DO accept vouchers from third-party payers who are willing to pay for private education.
Our flexible payment plan works by requiring ONLY the deposit of $125 to register and secure a seat in class. Students will then have from the day they pay the deposit up until the midway point of class (end of class 6 for AM/PM students and end of class 3 for weekend students) to get the remaining balance paid off. We also allow and encourage registration up to 3 months in advance. This allows students ample time to make payments in order to be paid by these due dates.
We offer our students the freedom to decide when they would like to make payments and how much they would like to pay as long as the remaining balance is paid off by the midway point of class. Students will not be able to take the National Exam until they are paid in full. Payments can be made conveniently online at any time through the Student Portal, or, over the phone with Student Services.
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Oregon!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Salem (Keizer) Location
4494 River Road N.
Keizer, Oregon 97303
Phlebotomy in Keizer, Oregon
Phlebotomy in Keizer, Oregon is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Oregon supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Oregon is a good path:
- Oregon ranks #25 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Oregon also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 3.8% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Keizer, Oregon area, about 2.5% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 726 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Oregon.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Keizer, Oregon area as of May 2017 was $19.42/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $17.56/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $26.44/hr. in the Keizer, Oregon area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Keizer, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.