Minneapolis Phlebotomy Class Structure
48-Hour National Class – Phlebotomist Training
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$200 deposit required to guarantee your seat in the class of your choice.
National Daytime – 9am to 1pm – Monday through Thursday – 12 classes total
June-August 9am to 2pm – Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
National Evening – 6pm to 10pm – Monday through Thursday – 12 classes total
National Weekend – 8am to 4:30pm – Saturdays – 6 classes total
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Minnesota!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Phlebotomy in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Phlebotomy in Minneapolis, Minnesota is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Minnesota supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Minnesota is a good path:
- Minnesota ranks #23 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Minnesota also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 2.2% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Minneapolis, Minnesota area, about 2.7% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomy.jobs, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 889 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Minnesota.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area as of May 2017 was $18.53/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $16.42/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $23.84/hr. in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Minneapolis, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.