St. Paul (Oakdale) Phlebotomy Class Structure
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
- $200 deposit required to guarantee your seat in the class of your choice.
- Deposit is non-refundable after the five-day cancellation period ends.
- Full Tuition and Fees are due halfway through your class.
- Need more time to pay? Flexible payment options are available! Call Student Services at 701-404-9434 to discuss available options for extension.
National AM Class
12 classes total
Monday-Thursday for 3 weeks
National PM Class
12 classes total
Monday-Thursday for 3 weeks
National WKD Class
6 classes total
Saturdays for 6 weeks
*See below to register for one of our next upcoming courses.
The course consists of 48 hours in-class training. This includes bookwork, intensive hands-on training, and practical examination.
On the last day of class, students can choose to challenge the National Exam. When passed, this exam certifies students to work anywhere in the country.*States such as California, Nevada, Louisiana and Washington have additional licensing requirements.
PTS has a “Student for Life” policy. After full completion of the course, students are welcomed back in the classroom at any time (depending on class availability) to brush up on their skills, review material, and perform additional blood draws.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must be a High School graduate or equivalent thereof. We will ask for proof of this.
Previous experience is NOT required.
Flexible Payment Plan
At PTS, we understand that each person has a unique set of circumstances, and we want students to find a payment option that works for them!
Our payment plan works by requiring ONLY the deposit to register and secure a seat in class. Students will then have from the day they pay the deposit up until halfway through their class to pay their remaining balance.
We offer our students the freedom to decide when they would like to make payments. Payments can be made conveniently online with any major credit card at any time through the Student Portal, or over the phone with Student Services.
- Check out our Financing through Monterey Financial (See below tab). When approved, students can make monthly payments for up to two years.
- We allow students to register up to 3 months in advance. This allows students to make incremental payments before their classes begin.
- If you get in a bind, no problem! Our student services are open six days a week to discuss available options for extension at 844-931-1348.
Financial Aid and Government Funds
Because we are a private institution, we DO NOT accept financial aid, however, we DO accept vouchers from third-party payers who are willing to pay for private education.
After registration and payment of the deposit, students are able to log into their student portal to apply for financing. Students must have at least a 550 credit score or a cosigner to qualify.
In Minnesota, your tuition can be financed for:
- $76/monthly for 12 months
- $53/monthly for 18 months
- $42/monthly for 24 months
Call our student services today for additional information about our financing options!
*Please note that these are approximations and actual terms and approval are contingent upon completing the financing application.
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Minnesota!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Phlebotomy in St. Paul (Oakdale), Minnesota
Phlebotomy in St. Paul, Minnesota is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Minnesota supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Minnesota is a good path:
- Minnesota ranks #23 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Minnesota also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 2.2% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the St. Paul, Minnesota area, about 2.7% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomy.jobs, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 889 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Minnesota.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the St. Paul, Minnesota area as of May 2017 was $18.53/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $16.42/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $23.84/hr. in the St. Paul, Minnesota area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in St. Paul, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.