At this time, we have postponed our classes in Clackamas. Our April AM & PM classes will tentatively begin on 5/4/2020 and the April weekend class will tentatively begin on 4/25/2020. We will keep checking for updates and reevaluate as state and local mandates change. Thank you for your patience and understanding, stay well and safe.
Portland (Clackamas) Phlebotomy Class Structure
48-Hour National Class – Phlebotomist Training
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$125 deposit required to guarantee your seat in the class of your choice.
National Daytime – 9am to 1pm – Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks – 12 classes total*
National Evening – 6pm to 10pm – Monday through Thursday for 3 weeks- 12 classes total*
National Weekend – 8am to 4:30pm – Saturdays – 6 classes total
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Oregon!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Phlebotomy in Portland, Oregon
Phlebotomy in Portland, Oregon is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Oregon supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Oregon is a good path:
- Oregon ranks #25 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Oregon also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 3.8% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.7%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Portland, Oregon area, about 2.5% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 726 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Oregon.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Portland, Oregon area as of May 2017 was $19.42/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $17.56/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $26.44/hr. in the Portland, Oregon area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Portland, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.