Grand Rapids Phlebotomy Class Structure
32-Hour National Class – Phlebotomist Training
Total for Tuition & Exam Fee
$100 deposit required to guarantee your seat in the class of your choice.
National Daytime – 9am to 1pm -Tuesdays & Thursdays – 8 classes total*
National Evening – 6pm to 10pm – Mondays & Wednesdays – 8 classes total*
National Weekend – 8am to 4:30pm – Saturdays – 4 classes total
*In November & December the AM & PM classes run Monday – Thursday for 2 weeks to avoid Holiday conflicts.
Current Phlebotomy Jobs in Michigan!
*Compiled from various websites weekly
Phlebotomy in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Phlebotomy in Grand Rapids, Michigan is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get started. Here are some stats about Michigan supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in Michigan is a good path:
- Michigan ranks #47 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate’s degree or college experience, so training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Michigan also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 3.7% as of September 2018, the same as the national unemployment rate that same month. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the Grand Rapids, Michigan area, about 3.1% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 1,695 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Michigan.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area as of May 2017 was $15.66/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $13.28/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $20.41/hr. in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in Grand Rapids, and it’s also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.